It is that time of year again, when the Sun comes out (well sometimes) and we start to venture outside. I know for me as soon as the rain slows down I find myself longing to be out in the yard getting it ready for the summer, I love to be outside, I love the smells and the sounds it just makes my world better. But also what happens about mid May around my house is full action get all the projects done before festival comes. This is the tenth year that we have been doing a big Festival party here at the house, I look forward to it all year long I think of the food that we are going to have and can't wait to make it bigger and better than the previous year.
Because this is the 10th anniversary I have been trying to come up with a way to make it extra special, I have had so many thoughts go through my head and I am having a hard time settling on one, so who knows what it will end up like but hopefully it will be a great time.
Each year around this time my family helps me get a major project done before the party, last year it was building a new back deck and this year it has been the kitchen, I am looking forward to having so much more counter space to work on. Sometimes it is hard to have people here working on things and not being able to put things away but, I feel so blessed for the family that I have that gives me so much and puts in so much time to help me have a nice home.
So for some of you who don't know there are several reasons that Festival is special, One of them being that My Grandma Byers is the oldest living Strawberry Festival Queen, she was Queen in 1934 and is 94 years old, secondly my Sister Tricia was Queen and I was Princess. So we have allot of reason to love our hometown festival, but also not everyone has a yard that the parade comes right in front of, so what a better time for a party.
I love to entertain, I love to cook great food, I like to make people happy and I get so much Joy out of watching everyone have a great time. II can't imagine going without this party and I am extra excited for the special things that we have planned for this year. If you are around you should be here because it is the party of the year
No comments:
Post a Comment