Monday, June 28, 2010

What does it take to have a great Party?


Over my lifetime I have been part of hundreds of great parties, big and small, formal and informal and all it really take to have a great party is people, now don't get me wrong I love all the little details that make a party extraordinary, I am all about the fluff and stuff, from the food to the table scape I want it to be amazing.
Six years ago I met Edd and I invited him to attend my annual Strawberry Festival party, when he arrived he was shocked because I had chaffing dishes and table cloths at a BBQ. For me that is important, can you have a great time with tin foil pans and plastic table cover? Absolutely, but my way of turning it up a notch is to have extra special touches. This year we served marinated and slow grilled tri tip, dill potato salad and sweet and spicy chicken Kabobs. The food was amazing and just seeing the people enjoy it made my day.
I am a foodie so for me it is all about the food, I will think about the flavors and textures and how they play off each other and my mind never stops trying to make the next meal better than the one before. I hate it when I walk away thinking I should have done it different. For some of you it might be about the decorations, or about the games and fellowship, we all have areas that are important to us. So when it is your turn to plan or host an event think of what is important to you and go from there, if you are not a cook ask for help, or go to Costco store bought items are just fine. And if you don't play games make sure you provide some kind of entertainment so that the party isn't a dud.
I love to entertain and it come very natural for me, I find it easier to feed 50 than 2, most of you are not this way, so find what works for you and get help when needed. Don't be afraid to entertain it is only as hard as you make it

No comments:

Post a Comment